Center for Doctoral Studies
Studying for a Doctoral Degree with the School and the Center for Doctoral StudiesRWTH Aachen
Please read additionally all the information offered on the website of the Center for Doctoral Studies (CDS) at RWTH Aachen University.
A Prerequisite for Embarking on a Doctoral Degree with the School of Business and Economics and the Center for Doctoral Studies (CDS) at RWTH Aachen University:
That you have found a professor in the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University who is willing to supervise your doctoral thesis and that you will be working towards a doctoral degree within the famework of the CDS program.
How the CDS program works:
- Submit your application to the CDS for acceptance on the CDS program.
- With the assistance of your supervisor, compile your personal CDS credit point schedule.
- When you have successfully participated in CDS courses or events, the respective lecturer will provide written confirmation of your participation; your supervisor will countersign.
- You then enter your academic achievements into the LUCOM form on the CDS website (http://www.rwth-aachen.de/cms/root/Studium/Nach_dem_Studium/Promotion/~nur/Promotionssupplement). This information will be needed for the compilation of your Doctorate Supplement. You can enter all of the academic achievements, qualifications, and experience you have gained during your doctoral studies.
- When you have fulfilled all your academic requirements, the CDS progress sheet will be completed and signed by your supervisor.
- Submit this signed progress sheet to the Dean's Office in the School of Business and Economics together with your application for admission to the doctoral examination.
- The CDS will then issue you with your Doctorate Supplement.
How the CDS Is Structured
Here you will find the progress sheet Begleitbogen (please submit this to the Dean's Office in the School of Business and Economics together with your application for admission to the doctoral examination).You will also find a Presentation on the School of Business and Economics and the Center for Doctoral Studies.
CDS Seminars etc. Currently Offered
Please note that, currently, no courses or seminars are being given by teaching staff of the School of Business and Economics!