PersonDr. rer. pol., Universitätsprofessor
- Phone: +49 241 80 96359
- Monday, 11.00 hours by prior email appointment at email@example.com
Malte Brettel was born in 1967. He holds a degree in engineering and business administration from the Technical University of Darmstadt. In 1996, he received a doctoral degree and in 2003, a post-doctoral Habilitation degree from the WHU Koblenz. Since 2003, Malte Brettel has been Professor of Business Administration and Entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen University. He is co-founder of a successful e-commerce start-up, where he also acted as managing director. In addition to founding several businesses, he has extensive practical experience as a consultant, both for start-up firms and for established companies like Porsche AG and Deutsche Post AG.
- General entrepreneurship
- Corporate entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial finance and controlling
- Entrepreneurial marketing
- Jaeger, N.A.; Zacharias, N.A.; Brettel, M. (in press): Nonlinear and Dynamic Effects of Responsive and Proactive Market Orientation: A Longitudinal Investigation, in: International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- Karmann, T.; Mauer, R.; Flatten, T.C.; Brettel, Malte (2016): Entrepreneurial Orientation and Corruption. In: Journal of Business Ethics 133 (2), S. 223-234.
- Flatten, T.C.; Engelen, A.; Möller, T.: Brettel, M. (2015): How Entrepreneurial Firms Profit From Pricing Capabilities: An Examination of Technology-Based Ventures, in: Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 39 (5), S. 1111-1136.
- Kemper, J.; Schilke, O.; Brettel, M. (2013): Social Capital as a Microlevel Origin of Organizational Capabilities. In: Journal of Product Innovation Management, Volume 30, Issue 3, 589–603.
- Brettel, M.; Mauer, R.; Engelen, A.; Küpper, D. (2012): Corporate Effectuation: Entrepreneurial Action and its Impact on R&D Project Performance. In: Journal of Business Venturing, 27(2), 167-184.
- Engelen, A.; Brettel, M. (2012): A Coalitional Perspective on the Role of the R&D Department within the Organization. In: Journal of Product Innovation Management, 29(3), 489-505.
- Brettel, M.; Engelen, A.; Müller, T.; Schilke, O. (2011): Distribution Channel Choice of New Entrepreneurial Ventures. In: Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 35(4), 683-708.
- Brettel, M.; Heinemann, F.; Engelen, A.; Neubauer, S. (2011): Cross-Functional Integration of R&D, Marketing and Manufacturing in Radical and Incremental Product Innovations and its Effects on Project Effectiveness and Efficiency. In: Journal of Product Innovation Management, 28(2), 251-269.
- Gruber, M.; Heinemann, F.; Brettel, M.; Hungeling, S. (2010): Configurations of Resources and Capabilities and their Performance Implications: An Exploratory Study on Technology Ventures. In: Strategic Management Journal, 31(12), 1337-1356.